BERG Basic Trampoline Moves and Instruction
Want to know the basics, please read below -
- When using a BERG Trampoline, it is essential that the correct posture is assumed. The correct posture and balance are obtained by tightening the right muscles, making it possible to practise trampolining safely.
- Good posture ensures safe usage of the BERG trampoline. When jumping, the body is exposed to shocks that require correct absorption.By tensing your muscles, you obtain better control over your balance and this results in more the jumping resilience.
- In contrast, a more relaxed posture leads to loss of energy and jumping resilience. Begin with the basic jumps and jumping positions and only increase complexity when mastered.
- To come to a stop position when jumping, bend and flex knees when your feet touch the mat. Learn this skill before attempting others.
- Learn fundamental bounces and body positions thoroughly before trying more advanced skills. A variety of jumping techniques can be carried out solo or in series and/or combinations between bounces.
- Avoid bouncing too high. First obtain jumping control with proper landing position in middle of mat. From a safety perspective, control is more important than height.
- To ensure and maintain control while jumping, ensure jumping posture is straight, head is in upright position and eyes are focused on the jump mat.
- Check the condition of the springs (broken or excessive stretching) and the attachment of the springs to the frame and jumping mat. The springs and the suspension system are subject to wear and tear; replace worn parts in time.
1. Basic bounce
Upright position, head held in upright position. Eyes focused on the jump mat. While jumping upwards, swing arms forward and in Circular motion and point your toes downwards.
Keep feet positioned together, toes pointed downwards when returning back to the Jump mat. When landing on the Jump mat, keep your feet approximately 40 cm apart.
2. Hands and knees bounce
Commence with basic bounce. Keep eyes focused on jump mat. Swing arms forward and in circular motion. Land on hands and knees. Push off with hands and return to upright position.
3. Seat drop
Commence with basic bounce. Keep eyes focused on jump mat. Land in sitting position. Place hands next to hips on jump mat when in sitting position. Push off with hands and return to upright position.
4. Stomach jumps
Commence with basic bounce and land on your stomach. Keep head straight. Keep arms extended forwarded on the jump mat. Push off with hands and return to upright position.
5. Back drop
Commence with basic bounce and land on your back. Keep chin pressed against your chest during landing. Kick forward and up with legs when returning to a standing position.